With this week being earth week, it seems everyone has jumped on the "green" bandwagon. However, I do agree that green products are healthier for our living quarters. I suffer from allergies and they often flare up greatly in the Winter when I don't open windows as frequently. Bleach can instantly give me a migraine. Funky smells from furniture or perfumes are the same. My allergies have greatly diminished over the past year as I have started using "green" cleaning supplies. So, now I am more careful to watch the ingredients and be good to my allergies, which many times equates to being good to the Earth.
Now I have started searching for stores that carry eco-friendly bedding and sheets. Here are some of my favorites.
- Posh Tots has eco-friendly bedding, blankets, fabric, cribs and more.
- The Land of Nod carries kids eco-friendly furniture, organic bedding, and organic kids clothing. (Do a search for "eco-friendly.")
- Soft Surroundings carries bamboo sheets, blankets and throws.
- Gaiam sells organic bedding, sheets, throws, and mattresses as well as many other environmentally friendly products.
- Overstock.com has eco-friendly bedding, mattresses, furniture and a variety of other eco products.
- Dimples and Dandelions stocks organic crib bedding.
- Everything at Nimli.com is organic or eco-friendly including organic sheets, blankets, and a whole lot more.
- Novica sells eco-friendly home products including quilts, and blankets created from artists all over the world.